• facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • alcatrazhero commented  · 

"Notepad AND Word Processing."
        At *least* have a basic notepad. This is a MUST.
        But you should also have a word processor. You could use Open Office's word processor, or you can simplify it to eliminate anything not text-related or just modify it to edit rich text format (perhaps Notepad++ already has that ability) (but word compatibility would be best)... I bought my netbook so I could write down short story ideas as I thought of them on the go (e.g. precise dialogues/quotes and plot points), and to keep a journal and to-do list. I can forget ideas while staring at a boot screen for 3 minutes (i.e. Vista, XP) or even a minute (Ubuntu) because my brain will move onto other things (or turn off). I was excited that Splashtop was pre-installed (3 seconds! wow!), but floored to find out it doesn't even have a *text editor*! I don't need graphics or complex formatting or chapter headings, etc (I'm not writing a book); I don't need excel or powerpoint (I know you have the business Splashtop). My plan was originally to use Ubuntu to get to my word files ASAP via Open Office, but having never used Ubuntu I expected it to be much faster (in the class of boot-time of <30 seconds; btw, is there a build that fits that description?). So I mis-judged the boot-times of other products, and have concluded that Splashtop could redeem my $400 mistake, but only if you help me out!!!
        (: Thank you! :)

Feedback and Knowledge Base