I suggest you ...

make splashtop updateable

I can't seem to find a way to update my version, I'd like a more recent version of flash for example, but can't work out how...

359 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymousanonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • bmacbmac commented  · 

There should be a Video option with splashtop.

• ypokrathsypokraths commented  · 

it is very hard to locate and successfully update splashtop.could they automate this function?

• josejose commented  · 

first of all lets hope microsofts starts dying of quickly as people will realise that linux is the way it should be!
        then again if great programs like splashtop or other linux's do not have there house in order microsoft will still win the markt. be upgradeble and keep it easy. that the first spalshtop update will be avalible within a year.

• DonDon commented  · 

Updating the Web Browser would be a really good idea.
        Also updating the what Splashtop is available on would show that it is current with the times. My ASUS M4N98TD EVO MB is not listed, yet here I am. It makes me wonder if it is safe to use.

• TonyTony commented  · 

Yes, updating the browser is needed, today's web sites are changing and the update will allow us to use the audio and video fetures as we visit them.

• RobertRobert commented  · 

Indeed, being able to update Splashtop is critically important these days. I look forward to this as well. Simplicity is paramount in the Splashtop environment, but a master update would be most helpful.

• JeffreyJeffrey commented  · 

being able to get firefox updates would be necessary for security. I figure a laptop or PC has a lifespan of at least 4 years... imagine running a 4 year old web browser right now that never had a security update.

Feedback and Knowledge Base